Sunday, March 26, 2017

Trap House track...

For those of you unfamiliar, there is a bit of a play on words here.

"Trap" and "House" are both genres of music, and a trap house is also slang in some areas for a drug haven. In addition, my naming of the track alludes to Deadmau5, and I've actually called it Trap Hau5 Five, because I laugh my ass off when my mother refers to Deadmau5, as "Dead Mau Five", which I have heard plenty of other people do as well, so she is not singularly out of touch, there were a few generations before us, I think. I'm no historian, though.

Let me just type some more uselessness here as well... for those that do not know, Trap is a type of music you are probably thinking "Trap Music" is Gucci, Jeezy or Gotti.  Nope. It is a type of electronic music. From my experience it is usually at 140bpm, but the drums are half that. Heavy bass, syncopated, uses a lot of vocal chopping and slurring (something I'm personally not a fan of). I like the dark and gritty feel of the trap genre, it is literally like the gangster music of EDM. So that said, what blasphemy could I possibly unleash against it when I try and combine it with House music?

It doesn't sound too bad! Now keep in mind, this track also goes and takes advantage of several other mainstays in my production and I'm always trying new things. Just so happens that recently, I'm trying to "neuro everything". This concept came from working with Reese bass line techniques that evolved into Neuro... but now I'm just seeing what all I might be able to apply it to and how it might sound.

A normal person, Reese, detunes some saw waves together. Later, people start putting FX and things  over these detuned saw waves and call it neuro. Then I come along like "duhhrr herp plz to let me neurofunk teh hi hats and haz cheezburger" and you get stuff like Trap Hau5 Five.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why require escalated permissions?

Moving stuff to my server and find it pretty strange that an open source software (not going to name any names), recently started attempti...